Cant Collect Information: System Information problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jackuars

"Cannot access the Windows Management Instrumentation Software. Windows management files may be moved or missing"

This is the error that i get when accessing system information built into the system tools.!!:confused:

Any solutions for the above problem??Thanks for any kind of help in advance....:)

jackuars

yup all are set to run automatically...What worries me is that RPC is given logged on as local system account and not with a particular account or password! Is this a problem?

jackuars

As i close System information i get an Internet Explorer Script error

That's better.

Do you get any script errors elsewhere, like when surfing the net?

Have any registry "cleaners" or system optimizers been used?

jackuars

Well i use Ccleaner and Advanced System Optimizer...no i dont think i get this script error elsewhere
by the i was unable to use ie7 and ie8 becoz it flashes and quits...am using ie6 now...i know its vulnerable.

If you deleted all index.dat files, this could cause System Information to stop working.
Check this folder:C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\OfflineCache
Is there an index.dat file in there?

moper

jackuars

ya there is an index.dat file and a professional_32#0409 some folder
but the index.dat file is defaultly set to open with kmp-mpeg ???!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online