1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't complete downloads

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Ulkalar, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ulkalar

Ulkalar Thread Starter

It seems to finish downloading things but once it reaches the verifying files stage it freezes and needs to be shut down with the task manager, nothing else freezes just the download.

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi and Welcome to TSG!

What are you trying to download? From which sites? Do you have dial or broadband? I think those who may be able to help will need that type of info.

Richard

3. EMMERTC

EMMERTC

I am trying to download QUICKTIME (my PC can no longer run its early version of quicktime) but it keeps saying it cannot uninstall an earlier version: I have been to control panel and used program remove.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You can download the current version of QuickTime from:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_quicktime_player/

After it's downloaded and saved, double-click it to start the install process.

It'll overwrite and replace the old version. There's no need to uninstall it first.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just for your information, don't select "run" when you're downloading files. Select "save" and allow it to download and be saved in your computer. After you've installed the file, you can either delete it or save it for future install.

Creating a folder right on your desktop is the best place to save downloaded files. (y)

--------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice