1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant Complete system recovery

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ryanb000, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryanb000

Ryanb000 Thread Starter

On my HP pavillion a510n, when I press f10 at the first screen it load the black and white HP invent screen, then goes to a blue screen and says the following in white:

STOP: c0000218 {REgistryFileFailure} \SystemRoot\system32\
    config\SECURITY or its log or alternate. It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.

I really need to do a system recovery, I've done it many times with no problem. How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Ryan

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Please, don't start new threads for this issue- you were getting help in your original thread. Have you tried what was there that I posted?

It explained and had links to how HP System Recovery works, and troubleshooting Recovery. I'm closing this thread.

TSG Rules specify that you may not start multiple threads for the same issue. It confuses everyone concerned.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice