Cant Complete system recovery

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ryanb000

On my HP pavillion a510n, when I press f10 at the first screen it load the black and white HP invent screen, then goes to a blue screen and says the following in white:

STOP: c0000218 {REgistryFileFailure} \SystemRoot\system32\
config\SECURITY or its log or alternate. It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.

I really need to do a system recovery, I've done it many times with no problem. How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Ryan

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Please, don't start new threads for this issue- you were getting help in your original thread. Have you tried what was there that I posted?

It explained and had links to how HP System Recovery works, and troubleshooting Recovery. I'm closing this thread.

TSG Rules specify that you may not start multiple threads for the same issue. It confuses everyone concerned.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online