Solved Can't connect/cast my laptop screen to LG Smart TV

orangeCat1

I don't see an option to select 5 ghz. I'm finding strange info. An LG link says my model only works on 2.4? which I know is incorrect. It's connected on my network at 5. I do not have a preferred band setting on the Lenovo wifi card. Lenovo support app says my drivers are up to date and system passes all diagnostics successfully. I have seen info for intel as below. Perhaps mine is 2.4 only? But I see when Dell Connects to Samsung it is 5 ghz, but with Lenovo-Samsung the connection is 2.4.

These points are from an Intel driver site.
Still confused on why Lenovo doesn't see the LG TV, but I think we've exhausted most suspects.

Last edited:

orangeCat1

I have unplugged TV for 5 minutes.Plugged it back in. Attempted to find Connect to wireless display --nothing found (as usual). Went to Settings--Devices--troed to Add a Device... various LG webOS TV NANO85APA items found. I selected one that said Display--it was added as a Bluetooth Sound device??? Again not what I want, and, I would suggest, not what was offered???

2.4 and 5 should not matter BUT strange things do happen.
Back to network card properties via device manager.
Under the driver tab who is listed as the driver provider ?

Attachments

Also check in tv setting if tv is swt for quickor fast start. if yes disable restart tv TEST

Last edited:

orangeCat1

Peter,

Been busy getting our Covid booster today. Also we've been having snow, rain and high winds and lost our internet this afternoon. Had to call internet provider to see if it was me or a local outage. He did some tests and restarted my connection. ?? Tonight this lenovo is finding the TV and is sharing this screen. I don't know what the issue is/was, but it is working. So, these devices can communicate; driver is ok, settings seem to be working.
Thanks for sticking with me. For anyone else following this thread or happening upon it in future - I don't know the root cause that has been ongoing for a few weeks, but I can share the Lenovo screen with the Samsung or the LG.

Attachments

snow, rain and high winds
28C here not likely to have snow for Christmas

Have a poke around in the router and see if it has a backup settings.
If you are finished please mark the thread as solved.

Glad you got it working eh:giggle:
Cheers
PeterOz

orangeCat1

Yes it has backup config option. I have done so and will leave a reference for myself here.
downloads\config.cfg (Dec7 2021)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online