1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant connect my Acer Aspire Desktop to our wireless internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mom5, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mom5

mom5 Thread Starter

We have a Cisco wireless rounter and internet provided thru a time warner cable modem. My son just moved back in with us and we can not figure out how to get his Acer Aspire AX1300 desktop to commect to our internet.When we do network search it pulls up our internet no problem. When we hit the connect button it comes up with a box with 2 options 1. add add'l information or 2. connect to another network
    when we click the conect and add addl info it comes up with another box wanting us to list username, password and logon domain. we have no idea what this is. we have tried adding our passcode and network id, but it does not work. He also has an Acer laptop, all he did was turn it on and search for the network then put in the key and password and it was connected. I believe both the CPU and the laptop are using windows vista. can anyone tell me what we are supposed to be putting into those 3 questions in order to get his laptop connected to our network and have internetaccess? He really needs to get connected to the internet (there arent even any unsecured internet connections around here he could borrow off of,:-I ) He has an online computer class and need to use his desktop because it is newer and much faster than his lapop.

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

Hi;Have you tried disabling encrpytion on the router and trying to log on ?

Also,make sure that mac address filtering is not enabled
    I also note that this may not have come with a wireless adapter as shipped.I am assuming that you have added an external wireless adapter.
    Also,May we see:
    Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1015337

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice