Can't connect through my wireless router if i select N-adapter only!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

handakes

hi there

i was working fine with my new router DSL-2730U D-link router and using it's wireless connectivity with G/N mixed mode..and i noticed that the range is so low so i decided to switch to N-only mode and when i did that i couldn't connect at all!..the router uses N-150 btw..

help, i really need to know if that's a software thing or should i return it..thnx

You cannot connect to N based wireless without an N network adapter.

handakes

it was my Xbox slim that promoted me to use Wireless N in the first place to connect to live so yeah...i think my wireless adapter in the Xbox Supports Wireless N..

handakes

ah..with all do respect, why would it promote me for an "N" mode when it can't use it..when i try to connect using mixed mode (G/N) the xbox gives me this message:

"You are using 802.11G which may result in the network being slow, you r advised to use 802.11N mode. switch to N mode from your router if your router supports it"

or something within those lines..

TerryNet

Terry
Assuming your network is secured try connecting with encryption disabled and then re-enable encryption and try again. Why you ask? Because maybe the encryption got "out of sync" and this isn't really a problem with 'N' per se.

handakes

alright thnx...disable protection,try again,re-enable it...got it
will try that

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online