1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't connect to anything Except YouTube.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by PlssHelp, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlssHelp

PlssHelp Thread Starter

So for a while now I have been experiencing this problem and I can barely do anything, Youtube works fine but anything else takes either excrutiatingly long to load or fails to load in the first place, such as game servers. (Blizzard with Overwatch as an example / or Steam and Discord which I can connect to neither of)
    My PC is connected by LAN Cable and the operating system is windows 10.
    I already tried the obvious things such as resetting the router but that didnt work, neither did un- and re- plugging the LAN cable.
    I also changed my IPV4 to a static IP and DNS and my IPV6 DNS which also didn't resolve my problem.
    Then I tried to run the commands "ipconfig/release" and then "ipconfig/renew" as well as "netsh winsock reset" and "netsh int ip reset" in cmd.
    IPv4 Properties now:
    IP address: 192.168.1.10
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
    Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
    Alt DNS server: 4.2.2.1
    IPv6 Properties:
    Preferred DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8888
    Alt DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8844
    The troubleshooter for internet connections is saying :
    "The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the internet is broken. The network gateway is accessible, but windows couldn't receive network traffic from the Internet."
    I'd greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer me and hope that we can resolve this issue.
    PS. I already contacted my ISP multiple times as well and they said they can't detect any issue, and also sent us a new router which after changing out didn't help either.

2. gazoz

gazoz

Have you taken your PC to somewhere else and tried connecting it there to eliminate it as source of problem?
    Can you connect to your router and check it settings?
    Generally you can connect to your router by typing 198.162.1.1 in to address bar of you internet browser (IE, Edge, Chrome, etc.) You will need to know username and password for router (generally in manual). Check settings in there - make sure it is getting and IP address from ISP - it won't be in 192.168.x.x range.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    go into Command Prompt and type ping abc.com -n 100 and report back the statistics.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218277

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice