1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant connect to Apps. Online

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lindii, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lindii

lindii Thread Starter

So i just got this laptop. and i use it for gaming and schoolwork. but i cant connect to the gaming servers online nor will it let me update my windows . i keep getting a message that says "windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running. you may need to restart your computer." Well i've restarted my computer and i checked to see if i can update.... but i still get the same message. I even tried turning off my firewall and still it wont work. i have no problem with connecting to the browsers and browsing online but the only problem i have is gaming online and updating windows (And it wont update :( . ) anyone can help me with this issue?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    It would help if you were to post the make and model of this machine?

3. lindii

lindii Thread Starter

oh yes, its an HP zbook 17 G3

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

The service that needs to be running is Windows Update, you can find the service by typing service in the Start menu, Then right click on it and choose Start

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice