1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't connect to Incredimail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by eddieblackpool, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eddieblackpool

eddieblackpool Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am using Windows 98SE with IE6 and broadband. earlier tonight I opened Incredimail..no problem..Now, when I click on the icon. it appears in the task bar for a split second and then nothing..no connecting, when I go into properties and try to find target..nothing. I scanned with AVG anti -virus system and found 2 viruses ..toolber G and Dyfica B, both of which have been healed but I am still unable to log into Incredimail even after deleting and reinstalling 4 times
    any suggestions please
    thanks,
    Eddie

2. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

maybe the icon is dead. try deleting it (make sure you are deleting the SHORTCUT and not the actual program) and creratinga new icon from the program in explorer.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    EddieBlackPool:

What version do you have? The current version is 1184. If you have an older version, download and install the 1184 update file. It will overwrite and install over the older version. After that, see if it works.

Besides placing a shortcut icon on the desktop, it also places a shortcut in the Start menu. Have you tried activating it that way?

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

4. eddieblackpool

eddieblackpool Thread Starter

Hi,
    Thank you both for your suggestions. I have tried the 2 things suggested but nothing happened. Some nice person sent me a virus "w32.semisoft" which places an X after exe files. I found the file in the registry with the exeX in it and deleted, but its a very difficult virus to remove. before all this, in start/programs I could see each files own Icon but now, any program which has an extention is showing windows default, but the extended files show thier own icon I deleted the iconcache hoping it would rebuild itself but they are still the showing window default. I used AVG and Trent to scan and found nothing, but when I scaned with SFC, the setupX.exe needed replaced. Do you think I would be better formatting C drive and reinstalling windows and programs?

Thanks Eddie

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Have any of your guys using IncrediMail actually read their terms of use? I can't imagine trusting them with my personal mail. :rolleyes:

"10. UNSOLICITED MATERIALS
    Any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material submitted or sent to IncrediMail, including without limitation via any Message sent by You through the Service, Site, or IncrediMail's physical mail and e-mail addresses, or in any other way, will be deemed to be not confidential or secret. By submitting or sending information or other material to IncrediMail or by posting information on any portion of the Service you (a) Warrant that you have all rights of any kind to the material and that to the best of your knowledge no other party has any rights to the material; and (b) Grant IncrediMail an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute the material, and you further agree that IncrediMail is free to use any ideas, know-how, concepts or techniques you send us or post on the Service for any purpose, without any compensation to you or any other person."

6. prospect

prospect

eddieblackpool, I had encredimail for awhile and got rid of it.
    encredimail doesn't work on all isp's It's supposed to work on MSN, but it worked when it wanted to. It doesn't work with AOL JUNO, and I forget who else. I don't think it's worth the bother.:rolleyes:

Prospect;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165805

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice