Can't connect to internent, HELP!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pmt0512

Excuse me, my laptop was attacked by antivirus soft spyware this morning, I tried to look up online and deleted it manually and with anti-spyware programs like spydoctor and norton anti-virus. But now, after restarting the laptop, the antivirus soft didnt pop up anymore, but I can't connect my Internet Explorer or any messenger program with the internet, but still the firefox can. Not sure what happen here, I even tried to use Norton remove tool to remove my norton but still, no can't go on internet with IE or log into my yahoo messenger (except firefox can). Please help me with this, thanks a lot

Are you sure you had a virus, Norton can be a pain and prevent you from connecting to the web, have a look through the threads in w7,and vista etc, last sunday i got locked out of w7 on a one day old laptop and some one else had the same problem until we uninstalled norton then we got back on line ok, Try not to panic some one on this site will help.;)

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Please click here to download and install version 2.0.2 of the HijackThis Installer.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything

I have a similar problem with my HP laptop. Only my Firefox and Opera works. Many other programs like Yahoo Msgr, Free Download manager etc stopped working. Pls, should I post my own log from my scan too?

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
I have a similar problem with my HP laptop. Only my Firefox and Opera works. Many other programs like Yahoo Msgr, Free Download manager etc stopped working. Pls, should I post my own log from my scan too?
Dumoski,

Please start a new thread. We do not want to confuse the original poster nor members trying to help him/her.

Thank you for understanding.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online