Cant connect to internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kylerme

ok so right now im on my laptop with a personal hotspot from my iphone.

Ok so on my pc Windows 7 i have my Ethernet cable from my modem going into my pc. For whatever reason i accidently unplugged my modem. Before unplugging my modem everything worked absolutely wonderful i had internet access and everything was good. After unplugging my modem i cant seem to connect to the internet anymore. When i troubleshoot problems it says " Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues ". I have tried solutions as to restart my modem and my pc reset my modem to factory settings and nothing has worked. Im out of options and im really <annoyed> this isn't working.

<edited - moderator>

etaf

Wayne
i have modified the post - this is a family friendly site

Whats the make and exact model of the modem
sounds like a configuration issue
whos the ISP

do a full power cycle
------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to power cycle

&#8220;power cycle&#8221; process to reboot or reset the modem/router
  • Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
  • Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes,
  • Plug the power cords back in, but don&#8217;t switch them on.
  • First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
  • Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
  • Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts