1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant connect to internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kylerme, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kylerme

kylerme Thread Starter

ok so right now im on my laptop with a personal hotspot from my iphone.

Ok so on my pc Windows 7 i have my Ethernet cable from my modem going into my pc. For whatever reason i accidently unplugged my modem. Before unplugging my modem everything worked absolutely wonderful i had internet access and everything was good. After unplugging my modem i cant seem to connect to the internet anymore. When i troubleshoot problems it says " Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues ". I have tried solutions as to restart my modem and my pc reset my modem to factory settings and nothing has worked. Im out of options and im really <annoyed> this isn't working.

<edited - moderator>

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i have modified the post - this is a family friendly site

Whats the make and exact model of the modem
    sounds like a configuration issue
    whos the ISP

do a full power cycle
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to power cycle

&#8220;power cycle&#8221; process to reboot or reset the modem/router
    • Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
    • Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes,
    • Plug the power cords back in, but don&#8217;t switch them on.
    • First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
    • Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
    • Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083325

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice