1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't connect to internet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kerlerouxr, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kerlerouxr

kerlerouxr Thread Starter

Hello,
    First of all I am using Win95 and had a problem a few days ago with a ndis.vxd file. That has been fixed, couldnt tell you what I did to fix it because I did alot of things, and could not get back to this page to tell anyone, so had to register under a new user name. I kept getting caught in the sign in screen loop??? However, my new problem is I can not connect to the internet on my other comp. The problem started when I deleted some files,etc. I could go onto aol but couldnt go anywhere else basically. After reading many threads for many hours I did alot of different things, and now my computer dials the access number and it says it connects at such and such speed and hangs while on the talking to network screen. I have tried the ping and the first set say failed. I uninstalling the communication and re installed them and I am at total loss. Any suggestions???? I have deleted temp folder in dos, etc.

2. kerlerouxr

My version of internet explorer is 5.5 and I tried repairing that also. To no avail.

3. Del

Del

Try this:
    To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:

Click Start, point to Programs, and then click MS-DOS Prompt.

At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command:
    cd\windows\ws2bakup
    ws2bakup.bat
    exit
    where windows is the folder in which Windows is installed. NOTE: If you are prompted to abort, retry, or fail the operation, press A. This causes the Ws2bakup.bat to continue restoring up all the necessary files. NOTE: If you receive sharing violation error messages when you run the Ws2bakup.bat file, continue with step 3.

Click Start, click Shut Down, click "Restart in MS-DOS mode," and then click OK.

Repeat step 2.
    NOTE: If you receive error messages when you run the Ws2bakup.bat file stating that some programs cannot be run outside of Windows 95, disregard them.

4. kerlerouxr

Thank you very much!!!! It worked like a charm. I had tried this before and had to abort about 5 times and continued but it did not work, but now it does. I am amazed and very grateful. Thank you again and again.

5. Del

Del

You're welcome!! So glad you're back online..
    Have a great day
    :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119587

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice