1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't connect to mega.nz using my wifi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Rauldrac, Mar 15, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. Rauldrac

Rauldrac Thread Starter

Hello, I have been having a problem when trying to connect to mega.nz while on my home wifi. The site loads perfectly with my phone's mobile data but when using my home wifi it doesn't load as if I had no internet connection.
    I have ram the ping mega.nz command and tracert mega.nz command on cmd and they both said that the connection has timed out.
    I sincerely don't know what is going on I have tryied several free DNS like 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220, 8.26.56.26 and 8.20.247.20, but nothing works.
    Yesterday the site worked perfectly for me but suddenly today it doesn't.
    Does anyone know what is going on and how do I solve this?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I loaded that site with both Internet Explorer 11.0.180 and Mozilla Firefox 74.0 (most current versions) with my 400 Mbps ethernet conection.
    In both cases, this is what appeared.

Capture.JPG

I currently don't have a computer set up to use a wireless connection.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. Rauldrac

Rauldrac Thread Starter

Well like I said this happens in different devices and the browser doesn't seem to affect it because no matter what browser I use the same happens. The webpage only fails to load when connected to this specific wifi, when I use my phone's wifi it works just fine. Also mega.nz seems to be the only website that is failing to load, other sites load perfectly fine.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    can you show us a screenshot of:

your IPCONFIG/ALL configuration of your connection
    run nslookup mega.nz to see if it matches this:

upload_2020-3-15_17-31-20.png

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1241571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice