1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't connect to most websites

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jeeshway, May 6, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Jeeshway

Jeeshway Thread Starter

Problem-
    I can connect to very few websites, most other websites say that the server IP address cannot be found.
    Yes ive tried turning it off and then on again. I've changed the dns address from automatic to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4, i've switched between ethernet and wifi, I've tried updating drivers, uninstalling drivers, flushing the dns, renewing the dns, basically everything I could find. This is the only device on the network that is having this problem.

It works fine when connecting my computer to my phones hotspot, though it doesn't work on my wifi. But its the ONLY device that doesnt work

Specs-
    Windows 10
    Lenovo Desktop

Please help walk me through this!

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  2. Jeeshway

Jeeshway Thread Starter

even when trying to go to http://192.168.1.1/ to my router it says it is unreachable, at which point running the windows network diagnostics says that my Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    What IP address do you have?

4. Jeeshway

Jeeshway Thread Starter

like ipv4 or what?

5. rocko9024

rocko9024

It may be the issue of your IPv4 address or, the ip address, which you are using is not the correct one.

192.168.0.1 is a private IPv4 network address also known as 192.168.o.1 or 192.168.0.l , similar to 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1. Many Netgear, D-Link modem routers use 192.168.0.1 as their default IP address for setting up LAN-network.

In Short, Accessing your router admin through a 192.168.l.l or 192.168.1.1 IP address will allow you to change the settings & configurations of router network.

If you are looking for a detailed guide for 192.168.0.1 IP Address, then you can check by clicking on the link.
    For IP Address 192.168.1.1 , you may prefer this guide, which i've found on Google.

Hope you find the information useful enough.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    rocko9024,
    But the OP stated that he/she is unable to access 192.168.1.1. so that is what should be solved! Telling the OP to access it, when it is clearly stated it can't be accessed isn't helpful.

Jeeshway
    1. Have you tried a different browser?
    2. How long have you had this issue? I ask because perhaps the drivers have been updated and your computer is using the wrong driver.
    3. What happens when you connect by ethernet?
    4. Have you power cycled the router?
    5. What security software is on the computer?
    6. What does Device Manger show in regards to your wireless adapter?

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Yes. What is your IP address that your computer has?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226769

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice