1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't connect to multiple websites on multiple devices

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jebmak, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jebmak

jebmak Thread Starter

There are multiple websites that I cannot connect to, facebook, rottentomatoes, youtube, to name a few. Others seem perfectly fine. A few seem okay, but seem to be running slowly.

This is the case for both my computer (on which I am running Windows 7), which is connected directly to the router, *and* mobile devices which are connected wirelessly.

On my computer I have tried using several different browsers to no avail, but when I used the TOR browser to proxy, I was able to access them.

I apologize if this has been asked, but I haven't been able to find anything this specific.

Thank you.

2. valis

valis Moderator It's My Birthday!

what is the error you are receiving?

3. jebmak

jebmak Thread Starter

It tries connecting for about 20 seconds and gives me "This webpage is not available".

Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

4. valis

valis Moderator It's My Birthday!

what message does IE or FF put up?

5. jebmak

jebmak Thread Starter

Firefox:
    The connection has timed out

The server at facebook.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

IE:
    This page can’t be displayed

•Make sure the web address http://www.rottentomatoes.com is correct.
    •Look for the page with your search engine.
    •Refresh the page in a few minutes.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1139458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice