Can't connect to my VPN at work?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PanamaKevin

I am trying to setup a VPN to connect to my offices server. I have one laptop (which is wirelessly connected) that is connected via VPN but when i do the exact same setup on my desktop (which is hardwired to the network at the office) it gives me Error 800: saying the VPN server is either unreachable or the security settings are not configured correctly, yet when i look at the properties of the VPN on the laptop (XP Pro) and teh ones on the desktop (XP Pro) they are the same? Can anyone give me a hand with this one?

valis

I think the best people to contact in this case would be the tech support for your company. I doubt we will be able to offer any advice in this matter. If your IT department has cleared your personal pc to access the network, you will need to have their software installed on your pc to connect; otherwise, the firewall will reject your request.

But again, as this is a work related issue, you need to take it up with the IT staff at your workplace.

Closing thread, thanks for understanding.

v

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online