Can't connect to network printer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dali0ne

I'm trying to connect to a network printer for some users at my company. The printer is an HP 5. Old printer and it's connected via a network hub under the user's desk and the other user is in the cubicle next door. They both have this as their default printer, and I've checked to see if the cables are in working order, which they are. I checked to see if both PC's can connect to the network and the internet and they can. Both PC's were working fine the day before, but now they are not. I've printed a confi page to see the IP on the printer and I've tried pinging it from both PC's but it times out on both PC's when I try to ping it. The que is cleared out for the printer so there is nothing in the que. Any suggestions on what the problem could be or what I should try next before I escalate the problem? I'm sure this is a level 1 prob that can be solved easily, but I just can't seem to figure out what it could be.

Dali0ne

thanks, but that didn't help much cause all of that info is already set for the printer. the printer is online and i can add it as a printer to any pc, but i can't print to it. i ping it and it times out. the cable is fine, there is nothing in the queue, i've turned off the printer for about 30 seconds and then turned it back on, and i've restarted both pc's that print to the printer but nothing works. i'm assuming it has something to do with the ip address because i can't ping it. any ideas on what to try next??? i've gotta get this printer up and running by tomorrow.

TerryNet

Terry
What is the IP address of the printer, and what are the IP addresses of the computers? (My initial bet is that they are not all in the same subnet.)

What do you mean by "the printer is online"? And what do you mean by "i can add it as a printer to any pc"?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online