Can't connect to network?????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Brin

Heyas

I have a Intel card and well I like to use it's own wireless software to connect to networks and such. Just because it makes the connections faster...

Anyway there is a network "NETGEAR" and whenever I try to connect to it it waits and tries to connect for a while. Then it says "Unable to connect to network"

It tried to connect to "Network Insafracture"

Whenever I swich it to "Ad Hoc Network" It immedeatly connects. BUT I cant use the internet...

So what can I do to connect to Insafracture--OR connect to Ad Hoc and be able to use the internet...?

Any ideas :)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Do you have the network "NETGEAR" protected with WEP or WPA? Perhaps you simply don't have the key properly configured. What device is the "NETGEAR" wireless network running on, router, access point, wireless adapter on another computer?

Brin

I dunno anything about the other side's router.
I also cannot access it.

But I do know that it doesn't have any security... When Intel searches for security to make my connection secure and such it says that there is no security. I even can't put in a password and such...

Maybe if there's a different way I can try to connect... A program?

I have a

Intel Pro Wireless 2915 ABG

On XP Home

Brin

Anyone know a different program to connect??

Or does anyone know what Im looking for?! :D

Thankss!

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
"does anyone know what Im looking for?"

Probably not. And when you say, "... other side's router," a suspicious person might think that you are trying to make an illegal connection to somebody else's network.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'm afraid we can't help you connect to someone's wireless without some evidence that it's an authorized connection. If you're really authorized, it should be no problem getting some information on exactly what router is in use and it's settings.

Brin

When someone can't connect to a router at the nearest hotpoint do they have the luxury of asking the nearest person about their problem? :rolleyes:

Anyway--I fixed the problem a few days ago and it works just fine! It was my mistake. My wireless card was trying to request an Ip address that they didn't support (I made it like this for my own network) So after I made it automatically get Ip address it works!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online