1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant connect to only one website through one router

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tolo, Dec 30, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Tolo

Tolo Thread Starter

I cannot connect to one specific website (my personal website) when using my home wifi router, the browser gives me a timed out error but the problem includes my emails which are [email protected] AND I cannot connect to main server through dreamweaver to edit my site. If I connect my laptop to another router it all works fine, emails come through and I can connect to the server.

All other websites work through this router.

I initially thought it was my laptop, however it seems to be the router as I tried from another laptop connected to the same router but it also would not connect.

I have tried the following;

1) Deleted cache in browser
    2) Flushed DNS
    3) Deleted temp files
    4) Changed DNS settings manually
    5) I removed all entries for the website in the registry (This did not work and erased all info for the site in Dreamweaver - NOT RECOMMENDED, but I did have a backup)
    6) I have reset the router numerous times

But still I just cannot connect to m site though my home router!!! It has worked in the past so it is a new issue (About a week now)

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Does the router that is not working have a firewall ? Check the firewall rules if it does have a firewall rules feature. Routers have vulnerabilities too and can be hacked.

3. Tolo

Tolo Thread Starter

Thank you Lunarlander, I will have a check on the routers firewall. Unfortunately the ISP that installed it for me changed the password for the router and I cant access it right now. I will get hold of them and retrieve the login details. However do you think the firewall would all of a sudden start blocking one website. It was working 100% until about a week ago, there was nothing i can think of that happened or changed I just tried to check the site and got the timed out error, it was only then that I realized I had not received emails for a few days.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Well let's see when you get into the router if you find a firewall rules feature. This is just postulation at this stage.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Was the other router that you connected to the same ISP?

The most common issue would be DNS. Providing that you can ping by name, go into Command Prompt in both locations and run the ping <website> and see if you get a response. If you get one from the working but not at home, then you have DNS issues.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice