1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't connect to PC on same office network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by neo4u44, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neo4u44

neo4u44 Thread Starter

Hello Tech gurus

In my office the printer is attached to a windows 7 desktop and I am using it trough my laptop (Windows 10). It was working just fine until recently. Now my laptop is unable to connect with Windows 7 desktop. I am unable to ping Windows 7 machine, on the other hand my laptop (Win 10) can be pinged from the desktop. The Desktop (Win 7) has all the necessary settings enabled for printer/file and networking sharing. I tried the solutions suggested on different posts, but problem still persists. Please help.

My Laptop's details
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8010 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, -1920 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 99 GB (24 GB Free); D: 39 GB (7 GB Free); E: 127 GB (35 GB Free); F: 118 GB (23 GB Free); G: 49 GB (8 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Acer, EA50_HC_CR
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

Desktop (Win 7) with HP Laser Jet Printer
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3033 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 1292 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 48 GB (4 GB Free); D: 48 GB (10 GB Free); E: 51 GB (47 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DG41RQ
    Antivirus: 360 Total Security, Enabled and Updated

2. naresh498

naresh498

First Name:
    Naresh kandra
    Can you try disabling the windows/third party firewall on desktop for testing purpose, and then try pinging the desktop from laptop?
    Can you also check if you can ping with ip but not host name?
    you can find the ip of the desktop using command ipconfig from windows-search-cmd

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice