Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't connect to router or do a hard reset

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
i have an On-Q router, model# P/N 364772-01.

I'm trying to re-establish the home network, but I cant get anything to connect to the router. IP config shows no gateway, and I cant ping the router. I dont think I've ever had to do a hard reset on this router, but nothing blinks or flashes to indicate a reset took. This is a wired network, nothing is wi-fi.

Is there anything I can do??? Or is the router a brick now?

Edit: Im googling like mad, but it doesnt help when i have such an obscure router model. Would i be able to access anything if i connected my computer to the WAN port?

#2 ·
What type of router?
They may be a reset button on the back, some of these need to be pushed in with a pen point or a Mac Tool (my nick name for a bent paper clip). Insure that you hold the reset for at least 10 seconds. If that does not work then you need to change your settings in your Internet Options. For most routers you can follow these instructions:
1. Open your internet browser 2. From the tools menu select Internet Options 3.Click on the Connections tab. 4. Select the LAN button 5. Uncheck all 3 options 6. Click OK in that window and click ok again in the Internet options window.
If that does not work feel free to let more know.

#4 ·
The router is made by On-Q. It's a company that offers all sorts of electronics to be built into new construction.

ive pressed the reset button on the router with a pen, and a paper clip. I hear & "feel" the click, and have held it for 30 seconds. Nothing on the router changes to show a hard reset took.

None of the computer's can connect to the router. I tried your broswer suggestion, but it didn't do anything.

#7 ·
Try,
Press win + r (or Start->Run) type there cmd press enter. After that in the cmd window type ping ip_address (where ip_address is an ip address of computer which you want to ping or you can put the computer name if you know it), for instance, ping 192.168.1.1 or the Ip address of your router

#8 ·
Try,
Press win + r (or Start->Run) type there cmd press enter. After that in the cmd window type ping ip_address (where ip_address is an ip address of computer which you want to ping or you can put the computer name if you know it), for instance, ping 192.168.1.1 or the Ip address of your router
I can ping my own ip address, but I cant ping the address of the router. If it helps, the lights on the router are on (the wan and the 2 ports), but the diag. light is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.