1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't connect to the Internet when wifi router is off

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Miguelito, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Miguelito

Miguelito Thread Starter

Hi there! I'm not not really techy. I was looking for a customer support number for Tp-link but thought that this forum may be helpful since I can't find their number anywhere on the net. Im using a Tp-link wireless router and I have a modem attached to my pc. I just noticed that if I turn off my router, the Ethernet light on my modem turns off, but the power and dsl lights are still on. Is there a way for me to use my pc even if my router is turned off? If I remember right, i've tried it before and it worked... But now, I have to turn on my router just for me to be able to connect to the net on my pc.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Every router user manual I've ever looked at includes a customer support number for the company. Have you looked in the manual?

Could you be very specific about your network, beginning with your type of ISP?

3. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

Most cases, you should be able to plug the ethernet cable from the modem into the computer.

4. dpl

dpl

if you are connect via ethernet its not possible, but if youre connected via modem its possible

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice