Can't connect to the internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Smuckasaurus

Last night the power went out at my college 3 times in quick succession, and I was on my laptop at the time. I was connected to the internet via Ethernet, but was doing offline stuff. This morning I woke up to find that I couldn't connect to any of the 3 wifi services on campus, or connect with an Ethernet.

Each wifi connection would say "no internet, secure" and the Ethernet would indefinitely say "identifying".

I've tried turning it off and on 4 times, as well as some basic stuff I've found on the internet, but nothing has worked.

For some reason though, I can message people on Steam, but can't access the store, or do anything else internet related on any other application. I'm very confused :(

No one else in my building has had this problem, and I've even tried using their Ethernet cords/ports to connect, but nothing has worked. It seems like it's just with my laptop.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, as I need my laptop to connect to the internet to do school work!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online