Can't connect to the internet

xdev

Hey. Im using windows 10 and was connected to my router using ethernet cable, I was able to acces the internet but suddenly in the middle of using the pc, I can no longer access any website or internet in any form even though the indicator at the bottom right on the desktop says nothing is wrong and I have internet access
The ethernet card in my pc is called realtek PCIe gbe family controller in the device manager.
I've tried restarting the pc, uninstalling the ethernet card from device manager and trouble shooting. I am at loss on what to do and the conclusion I'm coming to is something is wrong with the ethernet card, any help on how I can fix it weather it's a software or hardware issue would be really appreciated

xdev

It's showing not connected now, earlier rather than the globe symbol the same symbol as when you have internet access was showing up and it even said internet access just couldn't access internet

Attachments

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hmm that would indicate that there is no ethernet cord connected. Please check the cord and make sure its connected on both ends. You might want to try a different cord and port.

plodr

Liz
Now the lights on the pc end of the ethernet port aren't lighting up anymore
Go into device manager. Expand network adapters. Is the a yellow ! or a red X at your ethernet adapter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online