1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant connect to wi-fi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by aqueem, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aqueem

aqueem Thread Starter

I have a d-link router model dir 655.To activate my laptop all that was required was to enter the wps pin.I just purchased an apple ipod touch which is asking for a password.I first tried the wps pin.Then I went to the d-link website and put in my model #.It gave me an ip address which brought up a page where there was a choice admin or user.I picked user.The second choice was to put in a password which I did.The Ipod still says password invalid.I tried numerous times.Any suggestions?

2. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

PDF Manual for DIR 655 download
    ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir655/Manual/dir655_manual_150.zip

That is just the access page for the router. The passwords are not your WiFI security passwords.

Admin is the account that allows you to make changes to the router.
    User gives you access, but you cannot make changes.

Both devices have to be WPS capable and I don't believe the ipod is.

On page 46 of the manual a wireless connection wizard is mentioned. Supposed to direct you in setting up connections.
    You access it by going into the modem, Advanced Wireless Settings, WiFi Protected Setup. Add Wireless Station at bottom of the page.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029574

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice