Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't connect to wifi in home?!

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
Hey there!
I have a toshiba portege and I am unable to connect to my wireless network at home. All my roommates can and two days ago I could! I haven't changed anything and none of my roommates or landlord has done anything. When I try to "diagnose" the problem I get the notice that there is a problem with the adapter. I have tried disabling everything and restarting it. The wireless switch is on. The security info is all correct and we have tried the restarting of the router.
Any ideas?
Cheers!

#3 ·
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately this didn't help. I did connect for a bit last night just with clicking "connect" over & over again. But once again I turned on my computer only to find that i can't connect again. This time it says "windows did not receive response from wireless router".
Any advice?

#4 ·
Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

#9 ·
Or possibly that the frequency that the wifi is on, my router can't accept it?
What??? You specify on the router what channel (frequency) to use, so it kinda has to accept it.

Maybe you meant your adapter? What channel is the router using, and what channels does your adapter support? In North America the valid channels are 1 through 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.