Can't connect to wifi on 2012 Macbook pro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lingesh090027

Lingesh
Hey guys i'm new here

I am currently facing an issue with my 2012 Macbook pro running OSX 10.9.5

Recently I have gotten an office space of my own. The place includes it own wifi. The problem is for some reason I can never seem to get connected to wifi. I have checked to make sure that I am typing down the password without making any mistakes. And still, nothing. it's been a week and it's driving me nuts.

I have no problem connecting to wifi on my phone. Some friends who come to visit also have no issues connecting to the wifi with their phones. I asked another friend to bring in his macbook as well and he doesn't seem to be able to connect to the wifi as well.

I should also note that I have no issues connecting to wifi at home with my macbook. Please help :( thank you for your time

Couriant

James
It may be a security thing. We implemented a change to remove TLS 1.0 connections from wireless which resulted in OS X Sierra or older not to work. Try to upgrade your OS to High Sierra if you can.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online