1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't connect to wifi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by AnguiAkok, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AnguiAkok

AnguiAkok Thread Starter

hey guys i have recently installed windows 7 to my IBM thinkpad T43 Type 1871. I have managed to install updates needed to run internet connections. I can connect to my home wifi using an Ethernet Cable, but i can't connect to it wirelessly. All of my other devices like my Kindle and phone connect to my home wifi wirelessy, but not my laptop. At this point i am guessing that the problem is with my laptop or the new installation. I have been dealing with this for a while and i want to get this problem resolved, please someody help me with this.
    P.s I am using a Century link Modem

2. Sponsor

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

You may have not installed the wireless driver correctly. Check device manager for any devices with a Warning icon (yellow triangle).

4. AnguiAkok

AnguiAkok Thread Starter

I checked device manager and there is no yellow icon under wireless adapter, but there is one under video controller and unknown device. I can connect to neighboring wireless connections but when it comes to connecting to mine it wont.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

Does it give you the option to type the wireless password in, or simply does not connect?

6. Noobs

Noobs

I think the errors come mainly for drivers side. So Please use the driverpacksolution/Cobra Packages which might correct all your driver probs...

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

Considering I have had not heard of that, I would advise against usinga a 3rd party package especially as you can get the drivers from the manufacturer directly. We will need to check the connectivity first before blaming drivers; the OP can see neighbour's networks.

8. AnguiAkok

AnguiAkok Thread Starter

Yes it does give me the option to type in the password. My manufacturer is Lenovo should i download any drivers from them.

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

What message do you have when you try to enter your password?

10. AnguiAkok

AnguiAkok Thread Starter

It just tells me to type in my password, and aftter a failed attempt it shows a link to Troubleshoot.
    I am so Confused :confused:

11. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

Please can you confirm your wireless card model name? You will find that in the Network and Sharing Centre > Change Adapter Settings.

12. AnguiAkok

AnguiAkok Thread Starter

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection

13. AnguiAkok

AnguiAkok Thread Starter

14. EdwardSmith28

EdwardSmith28

As you are able to connect to the neighboring wireless network, it means there is some problem with the wireless configuration and password. Reset your wifi password may be this can solve the issue else reconfig your wireless setting.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1111389