Cant connect to wireless usb adapters

Marguritep7982

I just got these 2 laptops they are both Toshiba's Satellites one has windows 7 and the other one has windows vista on it. I can't connect to the internet. So I bought 2 wireless usb adapters and it still won't connect. I tried everything one of the laptop goes to chrome but when you put in a website it says it not connected. The other laptop won't even go that far. I don't know what to do.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello!

To confirm, you can connect to the wireless network, but connect connect to websites?

Since you have 2 computers with the same issue, we should look at your connection to the internet first. Do you have a wireless modem, or do you have a normal modem with a separate router? If the latter, I would suggest connecting one of the laptops directly to the modem and see if you can access the internet.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What is the complete model number and exact serial number on each of those Toshiba Satellite laptops?
(The complete model number will be 2 sets of characters separated by a dash)

What is the exact description of the USB wireless adapters that you bought?
Did you install the driver software for them, and do they appear in the Network Adapters section in the Device Manager?

--------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
She hasn't replied back in 11 days, so any further comments and advice from us is probably a waste of time.

-------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online