Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

can't connect to Yahoo

15K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Eriksrocks 
#1 ·
hi:
I didn't know were to put this

I have not been able to connect to Yahoo for the past 2 weeks. I type in www.yahoo.com and all I get is a Yahoo search. Are their servers down or it's my computer that's defective?
I can still get my yahoomail.
I have been out of the country for a while

jccroix2002

#5 ·
this only happened after yahoo updated their website.
I wondered if it had anything to do with my settings,(privacy)since I'm at medium high - so I changed it to medium and low,still nothing.
I'm not running any zone alarm or similar program.
How can I tell if Yahoo's IP has been blocked (by my settings?)?:confused: I run avg
the thing is,I can get almost anything Yahoo (mail music etc..but their HOME page)

jc

#8 ·
They have changed their home page a few weeks ago to this:

...if you can get your mail... it is because you are in Yahoo... but maybe expecting the old Yahoo home page...

#9 ·
I think I found the problem
I did an ID query on yahoo and my computer could not find the yahoo IP address.Now I have to find out if it's my computer or my ISP (frontiernet) that's the problem

Any ideas ? I run XP home,don't have sp2,and have avg and no commercial firewall.

jc

#10 ·
I work as a tech for frontiernet, If you are using a Speedstream 5200 AR5 which has 4 lights on the front of it you will need to upgrade the firmware to resolve the Yahoo issue. Here is a link to the firmware and must be done directly connected to the Speedstream. After the upgrade is complete you will need to log into 192.168.254.254 and set your e-mail address and password in the modem again to regain connectivity. www.ronspcshop.com/downloads/5200.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.