1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't control my CPU heatsink fan with P7P55D Deluxe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by speedily7, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedily7

speedily7 Thread Starter

Hello Everyone -

I recently built a new system:

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    CPU: Intel i5-760 OC ~ 3.6 GHz
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3- 12800CL9D-4GBRL
    Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper N520 Copper Heatpipe
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    PSU: Ultra LSP650 650w Power Supply
    DVD: Lite ON 24X DVDRW SATA OEM

The problem I'm having is that I cannot control the fan speed of my heatsink. I plugged the pin into the correct CPU_Fan plug on the mobo, the front and back case fans are also plugged into their correct location, CHA_Fan 1 and CHA_fan 2. I tried to adjust the Q-Fan setting in the BIOS to enabled, and also tried it with disabled and cannot control it either way. Also, I tried SpeedFan and it only controls both case fans, but not the CPU fan. CPU fan is running at around 1700RPM. My core 0 temp is around 30 degrees C on idle. I'm just wondering how can I adjust the CPU fan RPM to run faster? Nothing seems to work, even the ASUS Fan Xpert software that came with the Mobo. Can I plug my CPU fan into the CHA fan location since this is the only one that is controlling anything? Please help me out if anyone can, I will gladly donate if this issue can be resolved. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice