1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't convert PDF into Word (.doc) document

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ivymin, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ivymin

Ivymin Thread Starter

Hi
    I'm trying to convert a pdf file into a word document but i'm unable to do it. the reason is i want to fill in an income tax form which is in a pdf format and i can't add any details in the file...
    How do i convert this file into a word doc file, someone can help plz,,,step by step as i'm not really an expert in this field..
    Regards

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Perhaps THIS? However, you'll lose any formatting from the .pdf document.

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I filled in my State Tax pdf forms with the free Foxit Reader ..
    using the typewriter tool.

4. sinashin

sinashin

The PDF format by definition does not allow you to make changes to the file. If you happen to have the Pro Version of Adobe's Acrobat software you can start to edit.
    One POSSIBLE solution is to see if you can select portions of the document and cut and paste to a WORD document. If you try to select an area and you get the whole form, you are pretty much out of luck.. then you need to go back to Daves suggestion of finding it on another forum that DOES allow for changes.
    Also, you may try this tutorial about how to convert PDF files to Word (doc) . Once they're converted, you can open the files Microsoft Word or a compatible word processor.
    Hope it can do you a favor.

5. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

There are many free programs (probably more than a dozen at least) for converting PDF to Word. A Google search will identify many for you to try out.

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

For what Ivymin is trying to do .. The free Foxit typewriter works.
    PDF to Word converters will loose a lot of original formatting.
    Indiana's State Tax Forms are not PDF fillable in Adobe... How dumb is that ??

Attached Files:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1017602