1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Convert to WMA

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Piano Guy, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piano Guy

Piano Guy Thread Starter

I'm having some issues with my Windows Audio Converter. I'm trying to convert some MP3 files to WMA format with the program, and I keep getting an error. I have all the files I want to convert in the list, and I click Start Conversion. The program immediately goes down the list, and displays "Failed" for every last one. When I click "Details," it tells me "Windows Audio Converter could not convert the file as a result of a system error. HResult=8000ffff." I know I have the WMA codecs, because I can play WMA files perfectly, but I can't convert TO WMA from anything (I've tried converting to WAV and then to WMA, but it didn't work). I'm using WMP 11, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

I have tried other programs that convert audio to WMA (dbpoweramp music converter, some Chinese program, and another freeware converter.), and I cannot get any of them to convert to WMA either. It simply won't work. I am out of ideas. I need help. Thanks in advance!

-Piano Guy

2. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

So far I would guess your files are protected content

Also I'm not sure how recent your WMP11 is but it still might have some bugs left
    If you dont mind downgrading to WMP10, I'd recommend that and using that audio converter.

3. Naso256

Naso256

Any Mp3 /audio editing software will be of use. Suggests to try FlexiMusic Wave Editor. Play the Mp3 file in the software, from file menu, choose “Export to WMA" option, here choose the bit rate of your choice and click "ok" to save the files as WMA. To convert Mp3 to WMA need to install a separate command line encoder. "WM8EUTIL.exe" encoder will be of use.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541951

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice