1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't copy files onto DVD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by xx_hiei_xx, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xx_hiei_xx

xx_hiei_xx Thread Starter

I've been using divx to dvd to convert my files and copy to dvd to burn them with....I've been trying to burn 4 episodes of a series but everytime I do there's only one episode on the dvd....I've added all 4 folders and it still doesn't work....I've also tried converting all 4 files into one but that doesn't work either and I've also tried nero but that doesn't work either...I've wasted several dvd's trying to fix this so does anyone know whats causing this? or anyone other programs I could use?

2. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

First of all to play in a DVD player the files must be encoded into MPEG2 format. MPEG2 can get to be a tad big, which sometimes would only allow one video.

When I tried to convert Yu Yu Hakusho to DVD I could only fit roughly 2-3 episodes on a 4.7 GB disk. Ofcourse thats for DVD format, but if i were just saving to data, the OGMs are only about 200-300 mb.

In english: DivX is more compressed. When converting to a DVD format like MPEG2 the filesize grows.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/375764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice