1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't copy legal DVDs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xico, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xico

xico Thread Starter

I have two CD Roms that are working. When I put a CD in, or a DVD, they both play. The E Drive is a Samsung according to the name on the drawer. But when I click on Properties, I get LITE-ON CD-RW SOHR-5239V [CD-ROM drive]
    TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552U [CD-ROM drive]
    and when I try to copy a legal DVD, I get a "Media not ready" message. :eek:
    I'm using Intervideo DVDCopy 5, which works very well on my other computer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. WarC

WarC

Hiya Xico,

The feds did it :) lol

Are you sure you are putting the blank media in the DVD burner and not the CD-ROM? And that the application is looking for the right drive? In this case, the E: drive. The Samsung is your DVD burner, I recognize it by the system name (the TSSTcorp drive). No worries about both of them being identified as CD-ROM drives in the Windows properties: it's one of those little relics of the Windows NT, pre-DVD burning era. :D

3. WarC

WarC

You may also want to check that the DVD drive is set to the correct region for that disk. You can change that through the properties. For instance a DVD bought in Europe or purchased online from there will need to be played in a DVD player set to that region. For set top players that means you're outta luck (you'd have to hack it or flash the firmware), but with a PC it is easily changeable.

4. xico

xico Thread Starter

LOL:p I'm going to do it again, right now, and I'll get back!

5. xico

xico Thread Starter

Your right! It was the feds! :eek::p

Got a new message: Target media is not compatible.

I'm using a DVD-R. What does that mean?

6. WarC

WarC

The DVD burner should be compatible with DVD-R discs, so you should be okay there. From here you may want to make sure that it is creating an image compatible with your DVD-R discs. It'd have to be a software option within DVDCopy 5 - Probably in the process of creating the image before burning. I haven't used that application before, so I would only be of pretty vague assistance at this point. You might wanna ask someone @ the multimedia section of TSG if they've used DVDCopy 5 before.

7. xico

xico Thread Starter

Thanks, WarC! I'm headed to the multimedia section! (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/670129

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice