1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't copy pictures to CD anymore

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by whitter, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitter

whitter Thread Starter

I can no longer copy pictures to CD from "My Pictures" using Windows XP. I used to be able to awhile ago. I have tried everything to get it back. A couple of days ago, when I put in the CD and clicked "copy to CD" it would give me a box in the top left hand corner that said "copy here." It didn't seem to recognize that I even had a CD in the drive. After researching, I then thought it was a conflict with Roxio, so I thought maybe if I deleted Roxio it would work. No. So then I reinstalled Roxio from my recycling bin. Now when I try to copy to CD there is not even an option to "Copy to CD". If I try to get around that by then using the "copy folder" option and scrolling to choose where to copy, it doesn't give me the option to use my CD drive. Help!!!!

2. Hughv

Hughv

Make sure the recording option is turned on:
    Right-click the drive/Properties/Recording
    The "Send to" option always works for me:
    Select the files you want to copy, right click the selection, select "SendTo" CD drive

3. drbali

drbali

What did you do to create the problem in the first place?
    Your difficulty could be related to that and maybe made worse by "deleting" Roxio. It's not possible to "install" programs from the Recycle bin (it can only restore files back to their original locations).
    If Roxio was at fault, better to un-install it properly, (from either its own Uninstall option or Settings |Control Panel | Add/Remove Software). Then try a new install.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645747

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice