1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't copy pictures!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by janb, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. janb

janb Thread Starter

I have a problem with sending some of my pictures onto a memory stick, I want to put some on to my memory stick, but when I do I get a message saying Error reading file.All the others I transferred are fine. Does anyone know a simple way of fixing it, so i can do a side show with them. I would love to be able to transfer them without the message error reading file. If some one can help, I would be most grateful. Would it be better to copy them onto my memory stick would would that work, it so how do you do that. Yours Janet:(

2. dukevyner

dukevyner

the most likely situation is that something is using the picture... if you have program viewing it... or editing it... close that... if you can't find anything then install unlocker.. it will detect anything using it and allow you to "unlock it" http://filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

3. janb

janb Thread Starter

Hi, Thanks for your help, I will try that, when I click onto those photos it goes straight into Microsoft Editor, and then I get Error reading file. it's about 12 photos the rest of my holiday photos are all right it will work if I press on the side show button, but I didn't want it to go onto Microsoft editor, only a couple of photos are on there, because I scanned them, and put them on my computer. yours Janet

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Have you tried right-click dragging them to the USB stick and then choosing "Copy" when releasing the mouse button?

Or copying and then pasting to the stick?

(Interesting title. :D I will change it.)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!