Can't creat a Folder!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bhasky

Hello everybody,

I got a forward emails and it seems to fact and Strange as well ..

Nobody can create a folder anywhere on any computer names as ‘con’

This is something unbelievable and seems no body couldn't answer why this happened! Also It was discovered by a Brazilian, they suppose

Any thoughts?

Bhasky

bhasky

Oh, you mean to say that is something like operator's station of a mainframe?

bhasky

Anyways, thanks for you note, I did understand what you explained ... but I can able to create in Solaris. Sorry if I am being so stupid I am not core techie :)

That is because an operating system like Solaris does not have the reserved word of "con".

One way you can see how it works that I used to use for creating simple text files is:

Open up a command prompt.

Then type "copy con test"

This copies from the console the key strokes you enter to a file that will eventually be written to called "test"

Then type some text
You can press the enter key here and there.
Then press Ctrl-Z

This will then write the file "test"

Then type "type test"

You will see the text you entered.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online