1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't create a N&A file in WordPerfect 8.0

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jwertzski, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwertzski

jwertzski Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8151 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 700363 MB, Free - 606748 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0T568R, A00, ..CN736049CK00GE.
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Not Updated

After installing WordPerfect 8.0.0.0.393 and clicking on Format, envelope and the little N&A book icon I get a message "Borland Database Engine not installed. Can't load Cored Address Book Service Provider. How can I create a N&A file. This feature worked on my old Dell Dimension 2400 XP computer.

2. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

Borland Database Engine should have been installed with WordPerfect Office. Since it appears that it wasn't, I'd try re-installing. AFAIK WordPerfect's Address Book feature won't work without it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice