1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't create dial up connection on HP ze5300

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nothingface, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nothingface

Nothingface Thread Starter

I am trying to fix my friend's HP pavilion ze5300 laptop. Basically, she has peoplepc and wants to use dial up while her dsl is connected. The first problem is that peoplepc does not detect the modem, but the modem is installed and working correctly in device manager. I uninstalled it, restarted the laptop, and it automatically detects and installs it again. I thought it was the software, but when I try to make a manual dial up connection, the dial-up option is greyed out. I don't know why. When i query the modem under its properties, it does come up with the modem info. the modem that windows detects and installs is "conexant 56k AcLink modem". I'm basically stuck right now. Though I do have the idea to attempt to dial a number using hyperterminal..but it's 2am here. I'll try it later today. In the meantime, any ideas would be appreciated. (there's no modem driver to download on HP's website)

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. onsite

onsite

The drivers for the modem is built into windows xp if they are not on the HP web site, i also checked. You may want to go to system in control panel, then hardware, then device manager, then click the + next to modem , you modem should appear underneath. Right clickon the modem and then click uninstall. Make sure the name of your notebook is highlighted at the top of the device list. Then finally click action, then scan for new hardware changes.
    you should be able to click your modem in control panle, click properties, the next could be on properties or another tab like diagnostic, then click query modem, on what ever tab. You should see a whole bunch of result codes go by.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice