1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Delete 2nd and 3rd Personal Folders & Calendars in Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by caffeinediary, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. caffeinediary

caffeinediary Thread Starter

For some reason I have 3 sets of Personal Folders and Calendars in my Outlook 2003 (running on Vista). When I try to delete either of the 2 that I don't want I get this error message:

"This operation failed. The object could not be found."

Does anyone know how to remedy this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew

2. kama64

kama64

If you go to File > Data File Management, how many personal folders are there? If there is more than one, can you remove them?

You may need to just create a new profile

3. caffeinediary

There is only one listing for Personal Folders when I got to File > Data Management.

If I need to create a new profile can you suggest how to properly back up all my data so I don't lose it?

Thanks for your help :)

4. kama64

kama64

From searching around, it looks like your issue is known as a ghost .pst

The fix is to go into the registry and delete some stuff: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm

But that looks like its not very fun.

So further searching I found this link, its a add-on for outlook to clean up the duplicate:
    http://www.publicshareware.com/outlook-public-fix-profile.html

Now if that doesn't work..then definetly new profile

In outlook 2003 your info is stored as a .pst file, so search for that, and back it up

5. caffeinediary

Thank you SO much for your help! That add-on didn't work for me but going in and creating a new profile did the trick. Thanks!!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/575047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice