Cant delete a Folder, Access Denied

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WaRe

I had to reinstall windows over my copy of windows because my profiles all got messed up. But after the reinstalling of windows everythign worked fine besides the normal reinstall of games and stuff.

My problem is 1 game Folder, i open it to see all the files/folders. I CANT click on any of the files or open any of its folders. It says access denied. NOR can i delete the entire folder at once..

Any ideas how to remove this folder? its a 600 meg folder that i want out.

thanks
Dennis

Windows xp pro
Latest patches/sp2
dual procs system
checked spyware/virus/trojans

WaRe

nope.. i also tried safe mode in command promt erase command ont h folder..

WaRe

Nope this did not work. I do not have a security tab for that to set permission. Wheni right lickc propety the folder it is shown as read only and that box is shadded.

any ideas?

boot Knoppix CD and delete file, the only problem I can see with this the time to download the iso

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online