1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't delete browsing history

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by intertect, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. intertect

intertect Thread Starter

I use windows 7 ultimate. The space below the google box extends to eternity with web titles. I have used both"safety" and "internet options" to try and delete the history without success and their presence must be slowing the machine. Can anyone please help?

2. Bernardo

Bernardo

3. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    Have you used, in Tools - Internet options - general. The "Browsing History", settings, "days to keep the history". ?
    If you put our own figure in here (I have four days) and then select the "delete" option, under browsing history, you can heavily customise exactly what you wish to delete.

4. antech

antech Banned

Their presence dosent slow down the system.
    You can try Defragging the drive
    Follow these steps:
    Start-->Accesories-->System Tools-->Defrag
    For deleting the entries Try CCleaner(Download link in my sign.)

5. intertect

intertect Thread Starter

My thanks to all who replied so quickly to my plight. I'm still struggling with the problem since my elderly brain takes some time to engage. However, I'm sure I'll get there with your information and one of my grandchildren's assistance re the minutiae of toolbars and drop-down menus.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice