Cant Delete Corrupted Winamp Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

followme318

I needed to download some movie clip files for work and they got corrupted. When I go to my documents and try and delete them they just stay there. and when you double click on them, right click to delete, press delete, try to rename, anything, it just doesnt do anything. please help. thanks

followme318

rude-thank you but it didnt work. when i tried moving the files individually into the program it sais: File Not Found. Please verify the correct file name was given.........

Try this:
Create a new folder,drag and drop the files into in and then delete the new folder.
If that doesn't work:
Try to drag and drop the files to the desktop and delete them from there.
If that doesn't work:
Check the Task Manager to see if there are any processes that could be locking the files.
If that doesn't work:
Check to see if the files are listed in the History of the player that you used to play them,if so delete player history then try to delete the files.
Do you have a restore point from before you downloaded the files?
Can you give me the exact error message and your OS?

rude said:
Try this:
Create a new folder,drag and drop the files into in and then delete the new folder.
If that doesn't work:
Try to drag and drop the files to the desktop and delete them from there.
If that doesn't work:
Check the Task Manager to see if there are any processes that could be locking the files.
If that doesn't work:
Check to see if the files are listed in the History of the player that you used to play them,if so delete player history then try to delete the files.
If that doesn't work:
Check the file properties and make sure that "Read only" is not checked.
If that doesn't work:
Try the above again form safe mode or from the Administrator account

Do you have a restore point from before you downloaded the files?
Can you give me the exact error message and your OS?

followme318

i tried everything you said nothing worked, the error messege is T-910837-SmithBarney Confiden...
file not found.
please verify the correct file name was given.

i tried it in safe mode everything and nothing worked im running windows xp.

thanks so much bro

Are these files in a folder on your hard drive or are they listings in winamp playlist?

followme318

Rude-theyre files on my hard drive. theyre not listed in the winamp file list theyre on my hard drive

thanks so much man i appreciate this alot

Sorry but I've never seen a file that wouldn't delete with at least 1 of the above things...I'm stumped,but will keep looking

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online