1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant delete file

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cheese, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cheese

cheese Thread Starter

I was downloading some skate clips, and on one of them, when i drag to recycle bin, it says either 1.) that the file isnt there anymore, check the filename..but it is? 2.) it wont say anything, just dosent go in. It also dosent have the normal option when u right click. All the options i have are : Play,Open,Que-it-up,add to playlist,copy to cd,open-with, and send to . I dont get why it wont delete. Its not in use either.

2. jonathan731

jonathan731

What i do when files wont delete is create a new account on XP and move the file to the new account's desktop. then i delete the new account and choose to not save his files and the file is deleted

3. CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK

Write the file path down.
    Boot to DOS and use the command del /f to force the file to be deleted.

4. cheese

cheese Thread Starter

It wont tranfer to a new account. And i doubt it will delete from there, because in widnows it says it cant find the file specified..but it is there (i will try 2mrorow) . Any other ideas?

5. zmaster

zmaster

when you right click on the file does it allow you to go to properties? if so. check its attributes and post back what they are. Also if you can get to properties it shows the location of the file (ie c:\program files\ect). Post back what it says in location.

6. cheese

cheese Thread Starter

Theres no properties option.

It also dosent have the normal option when u right click. All the options i have are : Play,Open,Que-it-up,add to playlist,copy to cd,open-with, and send to .

7. cheese

cheese Thread Starter

NVM i got it..thanks all

8. zmaster

zmaster

so what did you do to fix it? so that if anyone else gets the same problem

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice