Cant delete file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cheese

I was downloading some skate clips, and on one of them, when i drag to recycle bin, it says either 1.) that the file isnt there anymore, check the filename..but it is? 2.) it wont say anything, just dosent go in. It also dosent have the normal option when u right click. All the options i have are : Play,Open,Que-it-up,add to playlist,copy to cd,open-with, and send to . I dont get why it wont delete. Its not in use either.

What i do when files wont delete is create a new account on XP and move the file to the new account's desktop. then i delete the new account and choose to not save his files and the file is deleted

Write the file path down.
Boot to DOS and use the command del /f to force the file to be deleted.

cheese

It wont tranfer to a new account. And i doubt it will delete from there, because in widnows it says it cant find the file specified..but it is there (i will try 2mrorow) . Any other ideas?

when you right click on the file does it allow you to go to properties? if so. check its attributes and post back what they are. Also if you can get to properties it shows the location of the file (ie c:\program files\ect). Post back what it says in location.

cheese

Theres no properties option.

It also dosent have the normal option when u right click. All the options i have are : Play,Open,Que-it-up,add to playlist,copy to cd,open-with, and send to .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online