Can't delete file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DallasDC

I recently downleded a bmp file from a file sharing program. The file has a long name and whenever I try to do anything with the file(delete,rename,etc.) the following error message appears:
Explorer caused an invalid page fault with wzshlext.dll at address.
I've scanned and have no viruses?What can I do to delete this file?

Looks like wzshlext.dll is a file installed with WinZip 7. Although I can't imagine why it would be causing you probs simply renaming the file and such, why don't you try uninstalling/reinstalling WinZip?
Or just for curiousity sake, uninstall WinZip, do a find for wzshlext.dll and if you find one (or more), rename it (them). Now, before reinstalling WinZip, try to rename that file. Do you receive any errors?

And since you downloaded the file from one of the filesharing programs, you should run an up to date virus scan ASAP.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
From Explorer, right mouse on the file and note the MSDOS name. Then restart to DOS, CD to the directory and DEL the MSDOS name.

Eg:

CD\data\myfile\save
DEL weirdf~1.abc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online