1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't delete folders from Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jhasdmcier, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhasdmcier

jhasdmcier Thread Starter

I have some files/folders I am not able to delete from my Programs folder on windows XP.

Microsoft Front Page left 2 folders.

Pinnacle a Media Server folder and one called "Microsoft SQL Server" that is full of files. I delete the files and they reappear.

The message is that they are in use even when I first log in. I have already used ccleaner. I have gone into the task manager and stopped everything that's running. None of this works. Rebooting just brings back the original files. This is frustrating because in the process I managed to completely eliminate PictureToTV that I wanted to use and even a recovery program can't find the files. I got it bundled with something else, but don't know what. So I have lost one program and can't get rid of the other.

This concerns me even about using Pinnacle if it can't be gotten rid of. I have already gone through days of effort just to get rid of all the parts of the program that are deleted. Anyone know anything about Pinnacle?:eek:

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jubbaloo

Jubbaloo

I would try deleting the files in safe mode. Preferably Safe Mode with COmmand Prompt and use Command prompt to delete the files.

If there any chance of infection or Malware?

3. jhasdmcier

jhasdmcier Thread Starter

Thank you for your response. I have run Malwarebyres and I run AVG and CCleaner prior to this. But I ended up getting rid of them with MoveOnBoot software. I tried emailing Pinnacle and they make it nearly impossible. Thanks again!(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/829447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice