1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't delete font ?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Wet Chicken, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken Thread Starter

Using Win ME.

Trying to do some cleaning out of unused files on the computer and when I tried to delete a font (called Marlett) it would not let me delete it. I also tried to do it in safe mode, but again, it said that I was "not allowed" to delete it.

I know I can probably delete it in DOS mode, but now I'm wondering why it is giving me this error warning. It is acting like I am trying to delete a system file.

Does Windows need certain fonts to work properly? Why won't it allow me to delete a simple font :confused:

2. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

:) Hello WC,

Marlett
    Marlett is a special font made by Microsoft to enable the whole Windows interface to scale to different sizes. Windows 95 and later use Marlett to generate icons for maximize, minimize, close window, and many others, expanding and contracting them to fill the space allowed by the current interface settings. Marlett only exists as a TrueType font, Microsoft using that technology to perfect the bitmap images at each size.

I think I'd leave it alone. :D :D

Take care.

Kilowatt

3. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken Thread Starter

Yep, I agree. Glad I asked. Thanks! :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171496

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice