1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't delete Hotmail or Yahoo mail and can't open Hotmail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by CarolP, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CarolP

CarolP Thread Starter

I am having some trouble with my Yahoo and Hotmail accounts. I can open mail in Yahoo but can't delete it. I can't even open any email at Hotmail. It seems when I click on a button online the browser doesn't go anywhere. I tried various things suggested in this forum but nothing seems to work. Please help me. My computer is working great now that you guys helped me last week. I am extremely grateful!!

2. Espoo

Espoo

Hi
    Lots of people have problems with Yahoo and Hotmail accounts. The most common causes seem to be cookie rejection, incorrect firewall settings, and/or an overly aggressive and intrusive firewall like ZoneAlarm that does a lot of things without asking.

Are you able to access the email accounts from a computer at another location? (other house, library, etc.)

Did you recently change any settings in a program or install a new program or a new version of or update for one, especially some security program (firewall, antivirus, etc.)?

Do you have a router?

Is your trash folder overfull?

3. CarolP

CarolP Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. A month ago I got a new computer since my old one's motherboard was shot. The only thing I have with this one is that if I haven't touched it for awhile and then try to get online it pops this screen up that says it needs to shut down and gives me a minute to save whatever I was working on. Other than that it's great!! :)

4. Espoo

Espoo

Sounds like you're talking about some automatic update function, either Windows's or some other program's, that is set to not only download but to also automatically install. It can be quite annoying and even frightening if such an automatic update is badly designed and announces it will shut down the computer instead of asking for permission. People sometimes even lose data if they don't manage to save open files they're working on in time.

You can get a more civilised setting for Windows Update this way: Windows key + Pause/Break > Automatoc Updates > Download updates for me, but let me choose when to install them.

But what happened to the Hotmail and Yahoo problem? Were you able to access the email accounts from a computer at another location? (other house, library, etc.)

What firewall did you have on the old computer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/371282

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice