can't delete internet shortcut in history search menu can anyone help??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

infinate66

I recently did a google search and when I entered one of the websites a prompt script
download appeared, worried about what it was doing I unplugged the computer and rebooted. I started up IE and when I entered the search menu under the history toolbar the internet shortcut "what I searched" - google search could not be deleted I even ran a history cleaner and yet it was the only thing that remained in the history toolbar under the search menu.
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this dilemma??

infinate66

It doesn't work.
I've tried that cleaner and many others.
I was wondering if there's any other way besides using cleaners.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Go to Tools, Internet Options, Content, AutoComplete and clear from there.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
When you go to google search you see it, correct?

If so use your arrow key to highlight it and press the delete key.

infinate66

It doesn't appear when I go to google, But I can't delete it from the history toolbar under "search"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online